Friday, October 22, 2010

Cheekwood



For the next several posts, i will be showing pictures that I took at Cheekwood. If you are not familiar with the Nashville area, Cheekwood is a botanical garden and art museum. Currently they are featuring an exhibit by glass artist Dale Chihuly. I first saw a piece of his when we were in Wisconsin a couple of years ago at the Milwaukee Museum of Art. I started seeing ads for the Chihuly exhibit after the first of the year and after a little googling found out that this was the same artist. There are actually two exhibits in town right now. One is at the Frist Center for Visual Arts and the other at Cheekwood. Kip arranged for the whole family to join us at the Frist on my birthday and then this past week we finally made it to see the outdoor stuff. Wow these are just amazing. Hope you enjoy my pics! 

No comments: